8.09.2005

Claviger news

Girl-a-matic has just accepted Claviger!
In October they will be unleashing a new group of artists and I shall be one of them. Two pages a week baby!

When the time comes I will tell you all the info and force you to subscribe and support comic artists. But I was pretty excited so I thought I would share. Now I have to draw.

That being said here is the last completed Claviger image I will post here.

Chapter Two

As of yesterday I finished page ten. Including this one, I have drawn Chloé 31 time in Chapter two . The last four pages she almost always look on model. About damn time. It's all in the nose. Heh.

Ps. Only the two panels posted were inspired by other paintings. Just saying.

Since last session:
* Drinks: Rum dumped unexpectedly into a jumbo Coke cup while watching a 70MM print of 'The Road Warrior' at the Castro theatre.
• Read: An effort to complete the last and (acording to the writer) best Stephen King story I will read:
Dark Tower, Book Two The Drawing of the Three hhhh The best of the series so far. Creepy and fun as hell.
Dark Tower Book Three The Wastelands hhh Okay, but two set a high standard this does not beat.
Dark Tower Book Four, Wizard and Glass hhhh The story within a story is almost as Drawing of the Three. Very coolly crafted Western tale.
Dark Tower Book Five, Attached to the characters at this point, so it is fun to seem them plunge through thier comic book-like adventures. One of the more interesting things to happen is the fallen priest from Salem's Lot joining the cast.

Only two left. They are the best King stuff I've read rivaled only by Four Seasons. Maybe I am just wierd cause I dunna' like his horror tales as much as his others.

* Watched: In the Realms of the Unreal hhhh Awesome documentary about Henry Darger, the janitor upon whose death a trove of artwork and thousands of pages of fiction were discovered. Equil parts creepy, sad, and inspiring.

RATING SCALE h Utter shite hh Don't bother hhh Average hhhh nicely done hhhhh farking brilliant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home