6.05.2005

Retreat from the Sun


Book Learnin'
Originally uploaded by claviger.
I bought a skateboard for an Oxford Scholar last week.
I've been riding it to work everyday and it makes me ridiculously happy.
Other things are pretty rough right now, but here's some magazine illustration.


Since last session:
* Drinks: 6. I seem to only drink beer these days. What happened to vodka?

* Read:
Transformations hhhhh Anne Sexton.
Retelling of the Grimm fairytales. Maybe my favorite book of poems. Right now it is at least. Each one is perfect,and her preambles to each tale are as delicious (if not more so) as the poems themselves. Also, a fine introduction by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. How could you go wrong?

* Watched:
Closer. hhhh I have this thing for movies about selfish people hurting each other and then being miserable. Like Alfie or Igby Goes Down. Sadly, I think it is due to most experinces in my adult life. If you have that thing, you will like this too. If not...

* Listened to:
Tullycraft - Disenchanted Hearts Unite, hhhh Tullycraft records should all come with patches and bumper stickers that say 'Hug me,I am listening to Tullycraft.' This record is no exception. Not as immidietely endearing as thier previous works, but there are at least four stand out tracks.

* Cockney Slang of the day: Bill and Ben = Pen

RATING SCALE h Utter shite hh Don't bother hhh Average hhhh nicely done hhhhh farking brilliant

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO VODKA?!?!?!

I don't know you.

27.6.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home