4.14.2005

Save a secret for the moon

Work has been crazy. I had been trying to finish designing the first issue of the Shojo magazine (approvals need to go to Japan this week) and complete the comic for APE.
I would go to work at 8:00-9:00 stay there until around 8:00. Get dinner on the way home and then work on Claviger until 2:00-3:00. That was pretty much all week.
I finished it though. Stapled it 1:00 Friday night, plenty of time to spare.

The book is a reworking of the first issue. It is now 32 pages (instead of 12), the text has been changed and many panels redone. I am much more pleased with it.

Here is the new first chapter page:Claviger chapter1

Since last session:

* Drinks: 1, a bottle of hot Sake shared with workgirl over some sushi.
* Read: Dress your family in Corduroy. Sedaris hhhh
As good as Naked (which I preferred to Me Talk Pretty One Day). David Sedaris is an unapologetic jerk and paranoid as hell. It is why I love Seinfeld too.
* Watched: Million-Dollar Baby. hhhh I had no desire to see this, but I am glad I did. The acting was spot on. I am glad Morgan Freeman finally one an Oscar for his super-smart Janitor guy he always plays. Sure it’s the same every time; but he does it so well, and makes me want to hug him.
I felt worse after watching Requiem for a Dream, but only a little, take that as a warning.
* Listened to: The Two Ep's, Smoky and Miho hhhh
Spicy salsa Jazz feautring Miho Hitori (of Cibbo Matto/Gorillaz) and Smokey Hormel (Beck/Tom Waits). This record makes me want to make out with someone on a beach. I shake my hips when I am not careful.
* Cockney Slang of the day: Oxford Scholar = Dollar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home