4.02.2005

An awful phone call

A former acquaintance called me yesterday and told me that someone I had dated briefly a few summers ago has committed suicide.

She had moved to France to escape her father. It seems he was unable to make it on his own, and followed her out there. My understanding was they did not get on all that well, and I have always suspected some form of abuse when she was younger.
One day her father is waiting for her to meet him for lunch. When she does not show, he returns to "their" apartment to find she has hung herself.

Those were all the details I received as those were all my friend had been told. The girl certainly had issues, but she was a very sweet woman. Unsettling and tragic.

There is so much death in this world.

Since last session:
* Drinks: 3, but I have a nasty hangover. 2 beers and 1 glass of champagne. Perhaps it is mixing the grape and the grain.
* Read: The Gunslinger. hhh
The first of King's enormous fantasy epic, as he put is: his version of LOTR. I used to love King when I was younger (didn't everyone?) but I feel I have outgrown much of his work. This (and by' this' I mean all of the Dark Tower books) will be the last of his I will read. All that being said, it was a rad book in a pulp-western kind of way.
* Watched: Aviator. h Awful. Worse even than Gangs of New York. Why do all big directors begin to suck when they get old? The pacing was terrible, almost nothing was resolved and I think characters only interacted with each other in one scene.
* Listened to: Bright Eyes, I'm wide awake it's morning. hhh Fine, but I expected a lot more.
* Cockney Slang of the day: Perry Como =
Homosexual. "Everyone knows he's a bit of a Perry"

RATING SCALE h Utter shite hh Don't bother hhh Average hhhh nicely done hhhhh farking brilliant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home