7.05.2005

Sunburned and Sore

Last night I returned from a four-day backpacking excursion.
Right now I am in a fair amount of pain, but it was "hell of" enjoyable.
I sketched a fair amount and will post them once I scan and clean a bit.

(sorry to all those whose e-mail's I've not responded to in two weeks, I was in Anaheim before backpacking).

To tide you over until then:
Here is the first panel of Claviger Chapter Two

Claviger Chapter 2-panel1


It is based/inspired by this Eilshemius panting.

Eilshemius's artwork


If you never have, check out some of his work. He is mostly famous for these odd, flying, nudes.

Since last session:
Drinks: I think I am going to pull this after this post. I never really know, and unless it leads to a fun story I don't see the point, yeah?

Read: Where I am calling from Raymond Carver: hhhhh
Brilliance. I am not a fan of short stories as a general rule, but this may be as good as it gets. If you haven't read Carver, do so. At the very least next time you are in a book store pick this collection up and read Distance it will make your knees shiver.


Watched:
Kamikaze Girls: hhh
Two cute, wacky, Japanese girls gallivanting in and around Tokyo. One is a sort of Mafia-esque biker, the other a gothic lolita.
Wacky slapstick fun, but the pacing begins to fail towards the movie's end.


Listened to:
The Notwists, Neon Golden: hhhh
First heard this in Ice-9's car and begged for more. The internet describes them as melancholy electro pop. I am not sure if that is right, but I guess it is close enough. At times they sound like a ka-smooshed John Cameron Mitchell, Yo Le Tengo, and what? Royksopp maybe? I dunno. It is quite pleasant though.


RATING SCALE h Utter shite hh Don't bother hhh Average hhhh nicely done hhhhh farking brilliant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home